Cheesy Beef Quesadilla
Quesadillas (kay-sa-dee-ah) is one of the most popular foods to come out of Mexico and with good reason. Who can argue with a spicy, beefy, cheesy combination that’s easy to make and perfect for a quick snack or a big DIY Quesadilla fiesta.
prep time: 10 minutes | cooking time: 25 minutes
- 15ml olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5ml ground cumin
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 packet (50g) tomato paste
- 10ml sugar
- salt and pepper
- 8 tortillas
- 200g cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat your oven to 200 °C.
- In a pan set to high heat, add some oil and saute the onions, garlic and cumin until they are soft.
- Then add the mince and cook until the meat is browned.
- Add the tomato paste and let it simmer for a few minutes and season with the sugar, salt and pepper.
- Now it's time to make the quesadillas. Place one tortilla on a baking sheet and then add a layer of cheese, then mince, then cheese and top with a second tortilla and sprinkle some more cheese.
- Repeat this with the other quesadillas and grill in the oven for 10 minutes.